Your fiancé proposed, you’ve announced to your friends and family you’re engaged and now it’s time to celebrate! After you’ve picked your date (and your dress!) it’s time to start looking for the people who are going to make this one of the best days ever. From the first dance to the final dance, it’s my job to make sure your guests always know what is going on and coming up. This can be done with just the right amount of announcements. There's really two jobs I have - make sure everything flows smoothly and get people dancing. I’m a Dj who can emcee (facilitate/talk on the microphone) but not pull the spotlight away from why we’re all there – you.
I don't want to be the guy who shows up to your wedding and plays songs. Anyone can do that. I want to really get to know you two and help create an atmosphere that's perfect for you as well as everyone who's attending. I work face to face as many times as you’d like to ensure you’re comfortable with everything. Together we’ll nail down the perfect timeline and figure out the songs that you must have and the songs you absolutely never want to hear. Don’t stress, you don’t have to come up with every song that will be played! That’s why you’re hiring a Dj. You wouldn’t want to tell the baker what ingredients to use for the cake. As a bride, you have so much going on, you shouldn’t have to worry about music to the smallest detail.
Here's a Modern Luxury Insider Feature
Some things you should know:
- Yes, I will be the Dj at your event!
- I enjoy what I do! I think about music all the time and love being able to introduce others to new (or old) songs. I work as a Dj full time and I can't really see myself doing anything else.
- I use turntables to mix, I don’t let the computer do everything for me. Among other things, this allows me to transition on the fly as the mood on the dance floor changes.
- I'm a Dj. While I do offer some lighting and effects I would never bog myself down with the various upgrades that take my mind away from getting people dancing and creating a party.
- I care about your wedding! I don't just want to play songs and go, if something needs done I'm there to help out.
- I do all of my own emceeing and mixing, there won't be anyone else present during the event.
- Being aware at all times of what’s going on in the room is important. I’m not just in my own world.
- You don’t have to play smooth jazz during cocktails or dinner. Keep it up beat. They don’t have to be dancing during this time but let’s keep them awake!
- People are going to request the Wobble, Cupid Shuffle and every other line dance out there. Requests are just that – a request. If it’s not something you want to hear, it won’t be played.
- I don't like using words like, "standard" to describe anything about my services. Every event is a little different, nothing should be standard.
- You'll never hear me brag about how many songs are in my collection
- Other than your special list of requests, I don’t create full playlists before events. It’s impersonal. I have an idea of where I’m going and have all the special requests of course but everything I play is based on who’s in front of me. I’m definitely prepared but coming up with an entire list of songs in the order they need to be played before I see who I’m playing for is just … weird.
- I can help you create the reception that keeps your friends and family talking about for years!